Bikerbirds.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bikerbirds.com

Welcome to the bikerbirds.com forum!

You are not connected. Please login or register

evil weed......

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1evil weed...... Empty evil weed...... Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:13 am

oldboiler

oldboiler

any tips on giving up this evil weed....I could bite the head of a nail and spit out bullets
kids are saying I have turned into a demon possessed Evil or Very Mad .....if they
speak to me, it is not me replying but some evil monster affraid
I am on the patches and use the fake ......i have tried
taking a walk
a bath and now resemble a prune
cleaning,
sewing
knitting
bathing the dogs and now even they hate me Sad
and its fecking raining
oh sod it I WILL GO OUT make the bike filthy THEN I CAN CLEAN IT
I want to eat everything in sight
which is not good.....I lost 5 stone a couple of years ago and I want it to stay off

2evil weed...... Empty Re: evil weed...... Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:20 am

babybiker

babybiker

It took me about 6 or 7 goes to finally quit, been off the cigs for 2 and a half years now. Have you heard of Alan Carr's Easy way to quit smoking? It took 2 goes of reading it, but it eventually clicked into place what he was saying. I remember, the morning after finishing reading it, i lit a cig, smoked half then put it out knowing i wouldnt smoke another, and i havent. I tought myself to knit during the first couple of weeks (sad i know) just so i had something to do with my hands, but after that it was fine. Occasionally i do get the urge to have a smoke, but it really is just a passing thought.

I probably make it seem so easy, its not. I just realised it was fear stopping me quitting, and i wasnt going to let that fear get the better of me.

Also, i've actually lost weight since quitting.

3evil weed...... Empty Re: evil weed...... Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:34 am

KezzyB

Admin

Oh... I'm sat here with one in hand now...
I know I need to give up but I'm not quite ready yet, although I'm starting to lean more towards the giving up side with every day that goes by.
I actually went to the docs and got my inhalator and patches about 2 months ago and they are still sat next to me on the table now!
Thing is, when I quit last time, I just decided I didn't want another one and that was it, no patches or help, just willpower, and I stopped for a year and a half. Then one night I went out, had one, bought a packet, woke up with them the next day and that was it again Crying or Very sad
I only smoke in one room in the house so my plan is to get this room redecorated and then make myself to go outside to smoke, so I think that'll start the cut down... but I may just be kidding myself lol!

http://www.bikerbirds.com

4evil weed...... Empty Re: evil weed...... Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:12 am

oldboiler

oldboiler

that was me a few years ago, few months ago, few weeks ago
this is so hard but today i am proud of me.......cause I went out
with a mate, looking at bike gear..........in the car (it was lashing down with rain)
and she smoked in my car and I did not have one Very Happy
but I now really really want one
the only smoke outside rule dont happen...i did it ....then slowly I started smoking in the house cause it was cold .....and on it went
its fear of not having my dummy to rely on but I know I wont die without it.....but will die with it[justify
]

5evil weed...... Empty Re: evil weed...... Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:03 am

KezzyB

Admin

Well done!
Thing is with me if I'm around people that don't smoke, I don't smoke either, so I know I can do it! One day I will be posting on here saying I've quit... but not just yet! lol!

http://www.bikerbirds.com

6evil weed...... Empty Re: evil weed...... Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:18 am

Rach

Rach

Good on ya both! evil weed...... Smiley-happy105

I have never smoked but i have helped my hubby through it,he said the fact that i didn't smoke did help. He's been given up about 5yrs now,but he did have the odd hiccup.

7evil weed...... Empty Re: evil weed...... Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:18 pm

oldboiler

oldboiler

am stuggling today
went to the bike park and they were all smoking so demanded a lolly and a nice chappie got me one bless him
it comes in waves and if i can ignore it, it does pass

8evil weed...... Empty Re: evil weed...... Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Rach

Rach

And i think losing weight is hard enough.....trying to stop the fags must be worse. affraid

9evil weed...... Empty Re: evil weed...... Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:40 pm

oldboiler

oldboiler

compared to this losing wieght was a breeze
at least you could see how much good you were doing
finding your clothes baggy was such an incentive
but what visible benifit is there with this lol?

10evil weed...... Empty Re: evil weed...... Wed May 06, 2009 3:35 am

oldboiler

oldboiler

update
I FELL OF THE WAGON 2 weeks a ago but today I make atempt 10001
wish me luck

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum