Bikerbirds.com

Welcome to the bikerbirds.com forum!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nervous newbie.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Nervous newbie. on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:05 am

As a relative newcomer to bikes, and usually going out on my own. I find i start to panic whenever the traffic starts to become heavy. Im just curious to know whether other people have or had this problem and how they dealt with it?

View user profile

2 Re: Nervous newbie. on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:12 am

babybiker wrote:As a relative newcomer to bikes, and usually going out on my own. I find i start to panic whenever the traffic starts to become heavy. Im just curious to know whether other people have or had this problem and how they dealt with it?

in the beginning I had this problem

I still dont like heavy traffic (in car or on bike) but dont panic as this will make you stiffen up... so relax but I ride defensivly and hold my place in the lane...make my self as big as possible, be very observant

View user profile

3 Re: Nervous newbie. on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:55 am

KezzyB

Admin
I was exactly the same. I found with me it was because I started thinking and stressing about it too much, which then led to panic and stiffening up and quite quickly a loss of confidence - I thought I was never going to click with it. I had a complete break off the bike then got back on when I was in a better frame of mind and I'd stopped beating myself up about it and it all fell into place - and my god was that a good feeling, I finally realised what it was all about! You will get there! Very Happy

View user profile http://www.bikerbirds.com

4 Re: Nervous newbie. on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:32 am

Yeah,i was the same.....even though i'd been driving for years,it was sooo different on a bike. I live out in the sticks so i don't hit heavy traffic unless i go into a town,but eventually i got used to it and it doesn't bother me now. Very Happy

View user profile

5 Re: Nervous newbie. on Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:25 am

Ive never driven a car, so i'm also completely new to the road. Good to see that i'm not the only one to experience nerves like that.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum